If my parents signed a secret settlement, or non disclosure agreement can I still come forward?


If your parents signed a secret settlement or a gag order or if you signed a secret settlement or a gag order you should still talk to an attorney. Your parents had no right to sign away your rights as a victim of abuse. And any institution has no right to sign you into secrecy. Always talk to an attorney to see what your rights are Because the Child Victims Act and opening of statutes of limitation is about exposing predators and getting them off the streets. Gag orders are about silencing victims and enabling abusers. Talk to an attorney because you might be able to expose a predator, help other children, and help other survivors of child sexual abuse.

Provided By

Joelle Casteix